This guide will help increase the returns of Artifacts from Raids and Quests, plus identify where and how to farm keys, loot bags and other useful items.
Quests return a few things, hero xp, artifacts in the form of item materials such as Shiny gems. Then there is a roll on special loot. These can be coins up to keys (the big prize we want). A the moment there is no way to influence the special loot returned, so this guide will help maximise the efficiency of the quests and the materials and xp returned.
For farming there are a couple of important pointers:
- You MUST quest with the correct number of heroes i.e. 6 for keys.
- Increase the Artifact level as much as possible.
- There are theories that if you are farming keys or chest then place items you already own in a premium auction house slot. Apparently this increases your chance. However this is unfounded.
- (chests are only a drop option if you have <3 of that type in your inventory. (with tradehouse offer slot not counting as inventory))
- An artifact is the main quest reward - such as Shiny Gem for City Sewers
Send your heroes on the following quests to ensure the quality of loot you want to target.
- Wooden Chest & Key - City Sewers or Haunted Forest
- Leather Chest & Key - Catacombs or Pirate's Cove
- Iron Chest & Key - Desert of Doom or Unholy Land
- Golden Chest & Key - Orcish Valley or Heretic Temple
- Magic Chest & Key - Hellish Abyss or Chaos Gate
- Dwarvish Chest & Key - Uncharted Jungle or Ring of Fire
If you want to target specific loot then send out parties with only the correct number of heroes. Collecting Loot bags will also return such things as Keys and Equipment.
- Gold - 1 Hero
- Chests - 1 Hero
- Equipment - 2 Heros
- Loot Bags - 2 Heros
- Treasure Pouch - City Sewers or Pirate's Cove
- Mysterious Bag - Desert of Doom or Heretic Temple
- Wondrous Bag - Hellish Abyss or Primal Lair
- Champion Bag - Arena Only
- Double XP - 3 Heroes
- Gems - 3 Heroes
- Blueprint Fragments - 4 Heroes
- Repair All - 4 Heroes
- Heal All - 5 Heroes
- Keys - 6 Heroes
This list identifies the best skills for farming and the items where these skills can be found, they do not necessarily increase the chances for special loot, but at least will bring back benefits whilst farming.
- Detect Secrets - Increases the minimum number of artifacts and raid items found by each party member by 1.
- Elven Bow (43) - Mythical - Bows
- Santa's List (45) - Mythical - Spells
- Lycan Slayer (50) - Mythical - Bows
- Oracle Shield (50) - Mythical - Shields
- Wildling Boots (52) - Mythical - Boots
- Magic Find - Increases the maximum number of artifacts and raid items found by each party member by 2.
- Starry Gloves (46) - Mythical - Bracers
- Eggsposives (48) - Mythical - Projectiles
- Teonanacatl (48) - Mythical - Remedies
- Dragonfire Potion (49) - Mythical - Potions
- Mystic Vest (49) - Mythical - Vests
- Scavenger - Increases the minimum amount of artifacts and raid items found.
- Racoon Ranger (12) - I - Legendary - Vest
- Return Scroll (37) - I - Legendary - Spells
- Seven Stars (38) - I - Legendary - Daggers
- Adventure's Shield (40) - II - Mythical - Shields
- Primal Compendium (49) - II - Mythical - Spells
- Primal Dagger (50) - III - Mythical - Daggers
- Dragon Fire (53) - II - Mythical - Guns
- Ice Walkers (55) - I - Legendary - Footwear
- Treasure Hunter - Increases the maximum amount of artifacts and raid items found.
- Robins Hood (8) - I - Flawless - Hats
- Moonplate (10) - I - Flawless - Armour
- Seeking Tip (12) - I - Flawless - Spears
- Wyrm Horn (31) - I - Epic - Instruments
- Evelyn (35) - I - Epic - Bows
- Tecpati (44) - III - Mythical - Daggers
- Frostfire Kunai (45) - II - Legendary - Projectiles
- Sunflower Shield (48) - II - Mythical - Shields
- Gungnir (52) - II - Mythical - Spears
- Primal Charm (52) - I - Mythical - Pendants
- Gold Digger - Find __ more gold during quests.
- Gold Digger 12 Rings Uncommon Leather Chest 11 Rogue Gold Digger I
- Golden Crown 25 Hats Uncommon Golden Chest 39 Spellcaster Gold Digger
- Dragon's Blood 34 Potions Rare Golden Chest 67 Spellcaster Gold Digger I
- Draconic Amulet 36 Pendants Uncommon Magic Chest 74 Rogue Gold Digger I
- Halfmoon Shield 53 Shields Rare Primal Chest 143 Fighter Gold Digger II
- Royal Tiara 50 Hats Rare Primal Chest 129 Spellcaster Gold Digger III
- Midas Ring 53 Rings Rare Primal Chest 143 Rogue Gold Digger III
- Speed Runner - Reduce the quest duration.
- Moonlight Gauntlets 10 Gauntlets Uncommon Leather Chest 8 Fighter Speed Runner I
- Demon's Blood 24 Potions Rare Iron Chest 37 Spellcaster Speed Runner I
- Phoenix Helmet 34 Helmets Rare Golden Chest 67 Fighter Speed Runner I
- Night Spike 38 Spears Uncommon Magic Chest 81 Fighter Speed Runner I
- Volcanic Smashers 49 Gauntlets Rare Primal Chest 125 Fighter Speed Runner II
- Mistilteinn 55 Daggers Rare Primal Chest 152 Rogue Speed Runner II
- Energetic - Reduce the resting time after a quest.
- Colored Powder (8) - I - Flawless - Remedies
- Tiamat (10) - I - Flawless - Axes
- Evil Seal (26) - I - Epic - Spells
- Megalixir (36) - I - Legendary - Potions
- Jack's Brew (44) - II - Mythical - Potions
- Heartstopper Axe (47) - II - Mythical - Axes
- Apocalyptus (32) - I - Epic - Maces
- Tenderizer (50) - II - Epic - Maces
- Affection (45) - II - Mythical - Staves
- Falcon Eye (8) - I - Flawless - Bows
- Hallowed Casket (48) - I - Mythical - Armour
- Oiled Leather (28) - I - Epic - Vests
- Adamantium Helm (40) - I - Legendary - Helmets
- Jagged Crown (55) - II - Mythical - Helmets
- Moon Boots (9) - I - Flawless - Boots
- Moon Walkers - I - Flawless - Footwear
Certain Heroes start with better skills for questing than others, however all heroes are useful when equipped with the correct items.
Below is a list of Heroes, their maximum level, starting skills and what equipment should be utilised.
- Charles (55)
- Mage Armor - 25% Equipment strength
- Detect Secrets - Increases the minimum number of artifacts by 1.
- Magic Find - Increase artifacts and raid items by 2.
- Karal - (25)
- Amazon I - 5% Female survival rate
- Resilient II - 50% Experience when injured.
- Crush - 25% Strength
- Kurul - Scavenger II
- Louca - Scavenger III & Treasure Hunter III
- Lorelei - Scavenger |||
- Gareth - Scavenger I & Treasure Hunter I
- Palash - Scavenger I
- Mila - Treasure Hunter II - Gold Digger - I
- Alicia - Leader - Lion boots - Female +25% - Energetic - Lucky
- Louca - Racoon Ranger - Scavenger - Treasure Hunter
- Francesca - Fastidious - Resilient - Supplier (reduce 15% of break)
- Azula - Arch Wizard - Healer - Wise
- Kuro Shubi - Racoon Ranger - Resourceful - Prevent break
- Oniera - Gold Digger III - Support II